- (One Broth Pack (contains 4 Chicken Backs & Necks)) Broth Pack
- (2 to 4 Large Carrots) Carrots
- (4 Stalks) Celery
- (1/2 Onion) Onion
- (1 tbsp) Peppercorns
- (2 to 4 cloves) Garlic
- (2 leaves) Bay Leaves
- Put all the ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Add enough water to completely cover all the ingredients plus 4 inches.
- Simmer for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours, use a colander to separate all the solids from your liquid gold.
- Discard your solids.
- Divide your broth into quart jars. Its ready to be pressure canned or frozen for long term storage
- A crock pot may be used - you’ll have to adjust down for the size.
- You can skim off the fat after it cools.
- After you remove the solids, you can boil the broth to reduce down - this helps with storage.
- We don’t add salt during the cooking process. We add it when we’re preparing it for our meal.